|User's Guide (9 MB)||This is the User's Guide for the Airtronics MT-4 Surface Radio|
Airtronics MT-4 Telemetry Radio
4-Channel 2.4G FHSS-4T Surface Radio
The Airtronics MT-4 4-Channel 2.4G FHSS-4 radio control system is the first 2.4G pistol grip radio to provide telemetry, industry leading latency, SSR (narrow pulse-width, super fast servo response) compatibility and 4 channels with advanced programming, all in one ultra-lightweight, comfortable case.
The feature set of the MT-4 is like no other radio in our hobby today. When used with the included Airtronics RX461 (92010) FHSS-4 receiver, real-time telemetry tells you what you need to know when you need to know it. In addition, the MT-4 supports the Airtronics FHSS-2 and FHSS-3 modulation types, so it will work with any Airtronics 2.4G FHSS-2 and FHSS-3 surface receiver as well (just no telemetry of course). This means you'll have your choice of affordable aftermarket receivers and high-performance ultra-fast racing receivers to use with the radio. And, all of this is packed into a new ultra-lightweight comfortable case that features an integrated antenna, adjustable grips, adjustable steering and an adjustable trigger.
Whether you're racing at a world-class level, rock crawling over the most complicated courses, or just bashing in the backyard, the MT-4 will do what you need when you need it.
• 4-Channel 2.4G FHSS-4T Digital High-Response Computer Radio with Advanced Programming
• Includes RX461 (92010) 2.4G FHSS-4T Telemetry Receiver
• Telemetry System Displays Temperature, RPM/Speed and Voltage in Real-Time
• High-Power FHSS-4T Technology Provides the Best Reception and Connectivity
• 4-Cell Battery Holder for Lighter Weight
• Accepts Optional NiCd or NiMH Batteries or 2S LiPo or 2S Li-Fe/A123 Battery Packs
• 18-Model Memory
• Telemetry Logging
• Channel Set Menu
• Servo Reversing
• Steering, Throttle and Brake Dual Rate
• End-Point Adjustment
• Exponential and ARC Adjustment
• Servo-Speed Adjustment
• Anti-Lock Braking
• Throttle Offset
• Lap and Interval Timers
• Total, Best and Individual Lap Display
• Four-Wheel Steering Mixing
• Dual-Throttle Mixing w/Dig & Burn
• Normal, SSR and SHR Servo Modes
• Center or Parallel Trim Types
• Step Auxiliary
• Point Auxiliary
• Auxiliary Mixing
• Programmable Fail-Safe
• Receiver Battery Voltage Fail Safe
• Digital Trims
• Servo Sub-Trim
• Adjustable Throttle Trigger
• Programmable Switches, Lever and Dial
• Adjustable Steering Wheel
• Adjustable Grip
• Variable-Rate Adjustment
• Model Naming
• Model Select
• Model Select Shortcut (Direct Model)
• Model Clear
• Selectable Modulation Type
• Multi-Function LCD Contrast
• Adjustable Key Volume and Tone
• Programmable Low-Voltage Alarm
• Inactivity and Over-Voltage Alarms
• Digital Battery-Voltage Monitor
• Output Power: 100mW
• Nominal Input Voltage: 4.8-7.4v
• Operating Voltage Range: 4.0-9.6v
• Dry Weight: 13.68oz (388gr)
• Frequency/Modulation Type: 2.4G/FHSS-4T/FHSS-3/FHSS-2 (Selectable)
RX461 (92010) Receiver Specifications:
• Frequency/Modulation Type: 2.4G/FHSS-4T
• Nominal Input Voltage: 4.8-7.4v
• Weight: 0.34oz (9.6gr)
• Dimensions: 1.43 x 1.04 x 0.64in (36.2 x 26.5 x 16.3mm)
• Fail Safe Limit: 3.5-7.4v (FH4T) / 3.5-5.0v (FH2/FH3)
• Connector Type: Universal 'Z'
What's In The Box:
• MT-4 4-Channel 2.4G FHSS-4T Transmitter
• RX461 (92010) 4-Channel 2.4G FHSS-4T Receiver
• On/Off Switch
• Receiver Battery Holder
• Optional Grip
• Wrist Strap Anchor
• RPM/Speed and Temperature Telemetry Sensors
• User's Guide
Items Required, But Not Included:
Transmitter Batteries: The transmitter requires 4 'AA' Alkaline batteries. Conversion to rechargeable batteries is easy and affordable using NiCd or NiMH cells and the Airtronics 95034 110V AC Dual Charger. Alternatively, the transmitter can be powered using a 2S LiPo or 2S A123/LiFe battery pack. DO NOT USE A 3S LiPo!
Receiver Battery: The receiver's Nominal Input Voltage is 4.8- 7.4v, therefore, the receiver can be powered using a 4- to 6-Cell NiCd or NiMH battery pack or a 2S LiPo or 2S A123/LiFe battery pack. DO NOT USE A 3S LiPo!
Servos: No servos are included. Analog or Digital servos can be used. We recommend using Airtronics Digital servos that are within the specification range required for your model.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Can't view this video? Click here.
- Mixing of Motor on Axle with 4 Wheel Steering Review by nissan_driver24
- MOA and 4WS mixing is possible on MT-4 just needs to be setup properly. If you need help to setup look me on rccrawler.com under nissan_driver24 (Posted on 2/7/14)
- Mixer Review by Piotrek
Unfortunately it is not possible. Sorry. Matt
Is it possible to use both mixer MOA (motor on Axle) and 4WS (four wheels steering) at the same time? I have a crawler with 2 motors on axle and 2 steering axle.
(Posted on 2/25/13)
- Excellant Radio Review by Moosefoot
Came back to racing after 6 years and needed to upgrade the old M8 which I thought was the best thing in the world. Got the MT-4 and was amazed at how light it was, then I went racing and was amazed again at how quick and easily it was tuned weather off or on track. Best radio for every aplication!
(Posted on 11/25/12)
- Update** Review by SC Racer
- Got my radio back (see below post for info). Works great. Tons of features, no glitching, very comfortable. No backlight, but not a big deal, and you can always mod it to add one fairly easy. Only problems I really have are that the temp sensor wires are too short to reach my speed control (Losi SCTE) and the rpm sensor is really hard to mount (same truck). Don't need the rpm really. Just wanted it for fun. But the temp sensors was a big contributing factor in getting the radio. Modded it myself, and the modded sensor is accurate to the stock one up to about 125 degrees Fahrenheit, but higher than that and it raises about 5 degrees to every 12-15 deggres on the stock one. Can't really comPlain about that, but I wished there was a longer sensor available. But it shouldn't be a big problem for smaller 1/10 scale cars. Overall very impressive system. Easy to use, great performance. Would buy another no question. (Posted on 5/5/12)
- Big Problem Review by SC Racer
- Purchased to replace my 2 month old spektrum dx3c ($130). Went through 2 of these, both had issues. Decided to upgrade to the mt-4 ($260). Purchased from my LHS because it's sold out everywhere online. Opened it up and the steering is messed up. Radio thinks its turned all the way to the left. Cannot calibrate, can't even select the steering right EPA in the radio settings. So it's stuck turned all the way left. Looked around online, and I'm not the only one having this issue. Took it back to my LHS and they had to call the distributor and leave a message, as they already went home for the day. Now I'm waiting to hear what I can do about this. I don't even have a time frame to when I might be able to get a replacement as its back ordered. Hopefully it will be resolved soon because I'm stuck with a stock rtr radio for now. (Posted on 3/2/12)
- A Review by SAGAT
I am a webmaster of electrical device of RCfans (the largest Chinese RC forum)
The MT-4 is a perfect radio system except 3 things.
1. There is no backlight.
2. There is no vibration.
3. The RPM sensor can only detect rpm below 20,000 rpm. (Posted on 12/26/11)
- Awesome!! Review by TonyLunaTic
I'm a Die Hard Airtronics guy and Rc racer. I was the first to get this radio at my local hobby shop as soon as it came out and never looked back. More features then M11x and just as fast or faster, light weight, balanced and small. It has everything you will ever need or expect from a high end radio from novice to pro.
Since my purchase most of my other racer buddies have sold their M11s and Fuboos and switched to MT4s!! We are running a 2c 800mah lipo pack in them and it makes it way lighter then the stock 4AAs and stays on forever.
Awesome job Airtronics, keep it up. (Posted on 10/24/11)
- Backlight Review by Edson
Edson, the MT-4 does not have a backlight.
how to turn on the backlight? (Posted on 10/6/11)
- Not happy camper Review by Danzo
Danzo, Thank you for your comments. We agree, and we have been discussing this issue for since prototype. If you decide to upgrade to M11x, please contact our customer service dept and we will discount radio for you. Matt
I love Airtronics radios..have been using them since 1989..I am a LEFTY..so..I bought this radio in good faith that Airtronics would NOT put out a new 2.4 ghz pistol type radio that wasn't reversable..well they did much to my dismay..guess I will just have to move from my Old M11 to the M11X. I have no choice unless I want a Footuboo ^^.
Airtronics..Please make this radio reversable for us lefties. (Posted on 8/17/11)
- Awesome Review by Koop
- I upgarded from Spektrum and couldnt be happier. Nice light weight and feature packed radio, I couldnt ask for more beacuse it has everything I need. Only thing it needs is a backlight. Flat out the best radio for the money. (Posted on 7/10/11)
- Awesome radio!!! Review by Dreaux
I am coming from the m11 and i absolutley love this thing. Everything the m11 could not do this can. I originally got it because the m11 was so bulky and poor balanced, i wanted something lite like one of the spectrums. reciever handles direct lipo for high voltage servos, programable switches, programable failsafe, throttle offset, has all the usual expo, dual rate, ARC, ALB. you can adjust the trigger side to side and front to back, wheel tension, change out hand grips.
I absolutley love this thing so i cannot complain but, i wish the conductor for the temp gauge was a little longer, it BARELY reaches my engine. And a backlight, i guess at 250$ something had to give
and it is NOT slower then my m11, has to be at the very least as fast but probably faster.
It also has ssr srr mode which even the m11x does not have HA! (Posted on 5/16/11)
- A+++++++++++++++ Review by MfknScottyDoo
- it does get any better its so light and fast and i love being able to know my motor temp is so nice it has every function i could ever need eveyone should by one!! (Posted on 5/2/11)
- SWEET Review by creepingdoom
- This radio has so many features you can get lost with it. Absolutely awesome radio. Extremely comfortable to handle, easy navigation through the menus, and down right great radio. The instruction book is a little intimadating at first, but it is easy to follow instruction and find what you need to know. I have used many different radios in my 27 years of RC history and I can honestly say I think I have found a radio I will never give up. Thanks Airtonics. (Posted on 5/1/11)
- A+ Review by jojobiker
Man all I can say is I LOVE THIS THING!!!!
I upgraded from my older M11, and I have done better racing since.
BUY IT!! (Posted on 4/20/11)
- wow Review by hollywood
i have had this radio for about 1 month before i got this i was running a RTR on my sc10 win i change it to the mt-4 wow omg it is fast and i was always run last in my class now im runing 3 or 4 place no joke get this radio and you will love it
always Chris from michigan (Posted on 4/17/11)
- pistol is here Review by guvenkaya
- only one word; perfect! i hope i will get one of this tx as soon as possible. you are the biggest name in radio control Airtronics! (Posted on 1/26/11)