We like the HS170 drone because it’s really easy to pick up and learn from the get go. It comes prepared with everything straight out of the box, the controller looks like an old-school console controller and even better, the blades are non-lethal. It’s so important to pick out a drone that doesn’t have sharp blades because for whatever reason, children love to grab onto them. The design is really simple and you can literally hold it in your hand for take-off.
- Comes with a set of spare blades and the blades aren’t sharp nor will they inflict any serious damage if wandering hands get too close
- The app included with the drone makes flying fun and doesn’t make it a bland or boring experience
- There’re three different speed modes included with this drone so you can start out slow or you can start out with the fastest setting possible
- The drone is very light and handles light crashes very well, unlike the heavier drones, which is one of the reasons this drone is so child-friendly
- Can recharge in just a one-hour time and provides an 8 minute flight time window to give the drone a try
- You don’t have to register with the FAA to fly this drone and you won’t have to worry about no-fly zones
- The control buttons on the controller aren’t marked, so it’s a bit of learning curve learning how to fly it the first few times