The Tello is one of the most lightweight drones on the market right now and we’ve included this drone on our list because it’s a beginner friendly drone. It comes with basic functionality, it’s not too expensive and it has a pretty nice camera. It shoots at a respectable 720p which is great for beginners and people just looking to get their feet wet, because you really don’t need to shoot at 1080p or 4k if you’re just getting your hands dirty. Again, this isn’t really an ideal drone for professional needs or professional shoots, it’s more for learning.
- Affordable and under $100 makes this drone a steal for beginners or people who just want to learn how to fly drones
- You can connect this drone to a VR which will give you a bird’s eye view of what your drone sees for an incredible breath-taking view
- You can fly the Tello up to 100M away with crystal clear quality and the Tello additionally goes up to 10M high (we know it’s not a lot but it’s a learning drone)
- Records smooth 720p video and really high-quality JPEG videos that you can easily transfer over to your computer later
- Has DJI flight technology which makes sure the drone stays stabilized at all times during flight
- Doesn’t give you much air time at all and the battery really only lasts for up to 13 minutes before it has to land