|Quick-Start Guide (805.6 KB)||This is the Aircraft Quick-Start Guide for the Airtronics RDS8000 Aircraft Radio|
Airtronics RDS8000 8-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS-1 Aircraft Radio
The RDS8000 is a full-featured 8-Ch 2.4G FHSS-1 Digital Proportional radio control system, packed with capabilities for all types of aircraft and helictopers. A top-quality digital radio, the RDS8000 is noted for its ease-of-operation and programming. Fixed wing, sailplane and helicopter pilots will all benefit when using the programming features the RDS8000 offers.
Whether flying a basic model or one that requires advanced features, the RDS8000 can do it all! A key feature of the RDS8000 is the ability to use either basic or advanced program menu. The RDS8000 makes programming easier by allowing you to turn off any programming screen not required, and because it uses the Airtronics 2.4G FHSS-1 frequency modulation, you never have to worry about an 'open frequency'. Fly without frequency control any time with confidence.
*The RDS8000 features a Trainer System that is compatible with Airtronics RD, RDS and VG series transmitters.
General System Features:
• 8-Ch 2.4G FHSS-1 Digital Proportional Computer Radio Control System for Aircraft and Helicopters
• Includes 92824 8-Chl 2.4G FHSS-1 Receiver
• Model Type Selection
• 10-Model Memory
• Model Naming (3 Characters)
• Data Reset and Data Copy
• Stop Watch
• Digital Trims
• Servo Reversing
• End-Point Adjustment
• Servo Sub-Trim
• 2 Compensation Mixers
• LCD with Voltage Indicator and Low-Voltage Alarm
• Integral System Timer
• Click Audio Tones
• Dual-Rate Alarm
• Adjustable Stick Tension and Length
• Switch Reversing
• 8 Cell NiCd Transmitter Battery
• Trainer System
Aircraft-Specific Programming Features:
• Dual Rate (Elevator and Aileron)
• Digital Trim Memory
• Trim Authority (STEP) for Digital Trim
• Flaperon and Spoileron Mixing
• Elevon (Delta) Mixing
• V-Tail Mixing
• Throttle Cut
• Dual Elevator Mixing
• Aileron Mixing
• Landing Differential
• Crow Mixing
• Flap-to-Elevator Mixing, Throttle-to-Elevator Mixing and Rudder-to-Aileron Mixing
• Aileron-to-Rudder Mixing, Rudder-to-Elevator Mixing and Elevator-to-Flap Mixing
Helicopter-Specific Programming Features:
• Dual Rate (Elevator, Aileron and Rudder)
• Four Flight Modes
• 5-Point Throttle Curve (All Flight Modes)
• 5-Point Pitch Curve (All Flight Modes)
• 3-Point Revo Mixing (All Flight Modes)
• Remote Gyro Control
• Throttle Cut
• Swash Plate Type Selection
• Output Power: 90mW
• Current Drain: 180mA
• Temperature Range: 0º-160ºF
• Pulse Width: 1.5msec
• Weight with Batteries: 27.0oz (765gr)
• Frequency/Modulation Type: 2.4G/FHSS-1
92824 Receiver Specifications:
• Frequency/Modulation Type: 2.4G/FHSS-1
• Nominal Input Voltage: 4.8-6.6v
• Weight: 0.33oz (9.0gr) with Case
• Dimensions: 1.85 x 1.08 x 0.60in (47 x 27.5 x 15.2mm)
• Fail Safe Support: Yes (Ch 1-4)
• Connector Type: Universal 'Z'
What's In The Box:
• RDS8000 8-Ch 2.4G FHSS-1 Transmitter
• 92824 8-Ch 2.4G FHSS-1 Receiver
• 8-Cell Transmitter Battery Pack
• AC Dual-Output Overnight Charger
• On/Off Switch
• User's Guide
Items Required, But Not Included:
Receiver Battery: The receiver's nominal input voltage is 4.8-6.6v, therefore, the receiver can be powered using a 4- or 5-Cell NiCd or Ni-MH battery pack, or a 2S Li-Fe/A123 Battery Pack. DO NOT USE A 2S Li-Po!
Servos: No servos are included. Analog or Digital servos can be used. We recommend using Airtronics servos that are within the specification range required for your model.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Great TX so far! Review by Coyote
Early adopter here I got the RDS8000 in early 2012. I have it on a Cub scale plane and a MAgellan electric glider. The tx never failed, bind solid every time Fly as far as I can see before I have to turn back! I am now looking at a Heli and hope I can use the RDS8000 for that bird to.
We shall see!
(Posted on 11/4/16)
- Best Buy Rock Solid Review by Chris Bris
- AAA++++ super awsome system Review by freefall Ronald
- I have been flying Airtronics for years after Kraft dropped out,love the dependability and ease of use,i keep my Radio clean and out of sunlight when not flying never lost a model due to radio trouble,i always cycle my batteries every winter,flying 27% up to 33% aircraft and have nothing but high praise for Airtronics,thank you for years of reliable service and a great product,fan for life guys,Ronald Hopping jr... (Posted on 10/30/14)
- expensive memory expansion Review by Jager
I would have bought Airtronics,
but $50 for memory expansion that is not only way over priced and proprietary put it right off the list for me
and YES 20 model default is not enough, 40 is not either, so there fore I would need multiple memory expansions, Now its cheaper to buy a more expensive competitor .... come on Aiirtronics join the 21st century (Posted on 9/26/14)
- Poor quality wiring!!!!!!! Review by smzdavis
- I've had mine for about 1-2 years and have had repeated cases of the wires inside the TX breaking...this last time costing me my airplane. They short out, then break, leading to full deflection of a surface. Research it, multiple cases. I'm sending in to get fixed, we'll see about the cost. I really like the controller, but it's not worth it. (Posted on 4/1/14)
- RDS8000 radio system Review by toodles
- I just got this directly from airtronics.(this site)I am very impressed.i have been in rc planes since 1984.just bought a futaba 4 channel for my son and a tactic ttx600 for another plane of mine.this is by far my favorite radio to date.easy to use and rock solid smooth reliability.my only gripe is availability of matching receiver niCD's,to match transmitter NiCd's.also airtonics servos are fairly high priced compared to other brands.i got a Panasonic NiCad pack and found the airtronics z wiring harness to use the 700mah NiCds with the receiver.i also found the bb standard airtronics servos online for a decent price.so I am happy now.i like my radio equiptment to be of same brand.all in all this is by far the best radio out there right now for the money.i would buy one again in a second. (Posted on 1/11/14)
- Change above to Throttle on the right, not left! Review by Model One
If you need mode 1, please contact us at [email protected] Great flying.
Didn't catch that my throttle is on the right as a Mode One flyer, throttle and elevator are reversed in Model One!
SORRY! (Posted on 10/10/13)
- Best 8 Channel Radio around - especially good because of the price. Review by GatorFlash1
- This radio does everything a great 8 channel programmable 2.4Ghz radio should do for must less that what the other 8 channel radios cost. Controls are smooth, reception 100% all the time, good servos, easy linking, just love it. (Posted on 6/28/13)
- power loss on shelf Review by rlleaz
I've been using my 8000 for two years now and like it's ease of use and menue setup. However, I have noticed lately that if the radio has been charged and then taken off the charger and set on the shelf for a week or two the power has drained to nothing. Is this normal? Is it because of memory backup? Please let me know.
RLL (Posted on 3/11/13)
- Great Radio Review by Ted
- My RDS8000 has been working flawlessly for two and a half years. Would recommend Airtronics to anyone interested in flying RC. (Posted on 2/11/13)
- Rock solid radio Review by Offtom
- I've had my 8000 for several years now and love it. I have it in planes ranging from a park flying foamie up to my B-17. I have never had any issues with the system. A very good system. (Posted on 2/7/13)
- A TOP NOTCH RADIO SYSTEM . . . Review by GPAJIM
- I have been flying with my RDS8000 for almost three years now, and I have not a single complaint. It has never let me down. Airtronics has the finest service and on-line help. I am flying eight different aircraft.(no heli's). My most recient purchase was a Radian Pro. I wanted to learn more about programing for "crowing" with a motorized sail plane. Not once did the help staff fail to help me. The TX feels very comfortable in my hands. The quality and rugged construction are the finest. Airtronics is the only equipment I have used sine 1985. This company gets my vote! (Posted on 8/31/12)
- not sure Review by 10bones
10bones, throttle is on left stick, it is mode 2. Matt
Is the throttle on the left stick or the right stick? (Posted on 1/5/12)
- Great Radio! Review by Bowie
- Unbeatable for the price, ease of use, and dependability. As with all radios these days, where most folks are looking for the lowest price stuff, the build has to be keep well rather plastic feeling. The radio however has a good feel to it and has become my favorite over much more expensive systems that I have used. Highly recommended. (Posted on 11/13/11)
- RDS8000 Radio And Reciever Review by Big Bear
- Guy's, This Is One Awsome System ! I Fly Giant Scale Aero-Batics, In (4) Planes, And It Is Awsome.......... The Ease Of Program Is Straight Forward, And Never Have Had Any Problems. I Have Read Where A Fellow Flier Lost (5) Planes With This System, But He Also Point's Out He Use's Li-Po Batteries, Which It Simply States Not To Do For You Flight Pack. I Use All Nickel Cadium Battries Of High Mah. With No Problems. This Is A Awsome Trans./Receiver. God Bless, Big Bear. (Posted on 11/1/11)
- Worked good until... Review by kodiak536
Please send the radio and receiver in for our techs to evaluate. Until we can review, we can't know if/what the problem could be. We look forward to testing the radio and get you flying again. Matt
I've had this transmitter for @ 6 months and after the initial learning curve, it started to look great for a beginner usage.
Now that's being said, so far in the past 6 months, I've lost 4 planes(EFD Dynam A-10's) due to loss of controls for unknown reason.
Every one of the crash video showed practically the same thing...
Erratic movements, mainly right banking turn without my input from the pilot(me) and nose dive straight into the ground!
At first, I thought it was pilot error, being that I'm new to RC flight.
Last flight, I installed brand new fully charged 2200mAh Li-Po as flight battery, added an UBEC with fail-safe(switch normally open to turn on UBEC) with it's own brand new fully charged 800mAh Li-Po battery and all fully tested for functionality prior to flight.
Upon further review and analysis, I've noticed that every crash happened regardless of pilot input(in this cases, NO input from the pilot).
All electronics are still fully functional after the crash, even the receiver "seems to be" operational as it always had been and no linkages were disconnected even with the severity of the nose dive impact.
After 5 crashes, 4 planes and over $400 spent on those planes, I'm grounded due to unreliable performance of this system, be it a faulty transmitter and/or receiver.
At @ $85 for replacement receiver and no after market economical alternative, I'm permanently done for RC unless they're covered under warranty, which I need to look into.
It's electronics, nothing is 100% reliable and things do go wrong but, there is no recovery for the losses and pains you suffer if/when they do fail...
Another words, you get what you pay for and nothing is 100% guaranteed to work flawlessly. (Posted on 9/18/11)
- Great RX Review by TD
Have been using this model for just over a year now and it has been flawless. I fly scale and aerobatic fixed wing airplanes. Both RX and TX sell at a great price also.
Ted DiMaio (Posted on 3/25/11)
- Mode One Review by Cliffy
- Mode One (Throttle on the left) NOT RIGHT (Posted on 12/22/10)
- Love it! Review by Mode One
- I've had my RDS8000 for a couple years, now. I'm using it on 5 airplanes. Never a lick of trouble. I've been an Airtronics guy since Kraft went out of business and I am very happy with all the radios I've had: 2 Championship Series 7 Channels, a Vanguard, a VG6000, RD6000 and now my RDS8000. I fly Mode One (throttle on the left). Conversion has been a simple matter of returning to Airtronics for conversion and getting it back in two weeks. Cost to convert has always been the price of shipping to Airtronics! When I have sent a radio in for maintenance, turn around has been very quick. I'm a confirmed Airtronics customer and this will not change! (Posted on 11/10/10)
- Great Radio Review by William Neese of Bradley IL.
- I have had this radio for 1 and half years. I use it on 2 airplanes 1 combat wing and a 1/8 scale crawler and soon on 1/4 scale Cub Piper im building. I would reccomend this radio to anyone that is looking for a great radio. I haven't had any gliches at all. I give this radio A +, Thumbs UP You can't go wrong with radio. (Posted on 7/10/10)